The Exercise Science Transfer Pathway AS offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Exercise Science bachelor's degree programs at Minnesota State universities.* The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor's degree programs in a related field.
*Universities within the Minnesota State system include Bemidji State University; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; Minnesota State University Moorhead; Southwest Minnesota State University; St. Cloud State University; and Winona State University.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
It is expected upon completion of an Exercise Science Transfer Pathway, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge in the basic sciences (biology, physiology, and chemistry) pertinent to the field of exercise science.
- Apply basic scientific principles from exercise physiology and biomechanics to human movement and exercise.
- Discuss ethical standards, expectations, and educational requirements in the exercise science professions.
- Explain how physical activity and nutrition contribute to wellness.
- Discuss psychological factors that influence behavior change.
The Exercise Transfer Pathway (AS) degree transfers to the following 4-year degree programs:
Bemidji State University
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Moorhead
Southwest Minnesota State University
Winona State University