PSEO Student Admissions
PSEO (POST-SECONDARY ENROLLMENT OPTIONS) APPLICATION TO RRCC
Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) allows high school juniors and seniors to take courses, full- or part-time, at a postsecondary institution for high school and college credit. The program provides students with a greater variety of class offerings and the opportunity to pursue more challenging coursework than may be available at the high school. The tuition, fees, and required textbooks are at no cost to students. Admission to the PSEO program at RRCC is available for fall term only. There is no spring admission available.
PSEO ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- You must be a high school junior or senior in good standing at a public, nonpublic, home school, or American Indian-controlled tribal school.
- Juniors must be ranked in the top-third of their class, or have a 3.20 end-of-year cumulative GPA, or score at or above the 70th percentile on a test, such as the ACT or SAT.
- Seniors must be ranked in the top-half of their class, or have a 3.00 end-of-year cumulative GPA, or score at or above the 50th percentile on the ACT or SAT.
- Sophomores may enroll in a career or technical education course at a MnSCU college or university if they have attained a passing score or met the standard on the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment in reading, and meet other course prerequisites or course enrollment standards established by the college. These standards may include, but are not limited to, assessment test scores, program admission, or other requirements.
- You must test into college courses numbered 1000 or above on placement tests in reading, English, and math (if you are taking your math course at RRCC).
PSEO ADMISSIONS STEPS
- Meet with your high school counselor to determine eligibility. If you meet the class rank and/or GPA requirement, proceed to step 2.
- Complete and sign the RRCC Application for Admission.
- Complete and sign the Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program Notice of Student Registration (Part 1 and 2).
- Send the above two forms and your high school transcript (including class rank and/or GPA) to: PSEO Admissions, Rainy River Community College 1501 Highway 71 International Falls, MN 56649
- Schedule a date to take the required placement test by calling 218.285.7722. There is limited space, so call early for best selection. Assessment results will determine your course placement. You may retest one time. There is a fee to retest.
- After you have taken the assessment test, schedule a PSEO Registration Session by calling 218.285.7722