Residential Living / Student Housing @ Rainy Hall
The on-campus apartment style housing is a unique concept in residence hall living. Our three-story building has furnished two bedroom apartments available for you to lease. A year long contract is required.
Priority is given to full-time students with 12 or more credits. Part-time students with 6 or more credits may lease apartments when space is available. An accessible unit is available if you have a mobility limiting disability.
Up to four students are assigned to each two bedroom apartment. Roommate preferences and interests may be indicated on the residence hall contract and are taken into consideration when apartments are assigned. You can request a single room, depending on availability, for an additional fee.
Rainy Hall is conveniently located within walking distance of banks, hospital, clinic, fast-food and regular restaurants, grocery store, discount stores, and motels.
On-site recreational facilities include a volleyball court, basketball court, bicycle trail, one-mile lighted cross-country ski trail, and disc golf course!
Choosing to live in Rainy Hall allows you the convenience of making one payment per semester for housing expenses. Rent per semester includes heat, electricity, water, sewer, garbage service, wireless Internet access and basic cable television (73 channels). Rent payments are made prior to the start of each semester at the Cashier's Office.
Housing Rent **
$ 1,520 / semester (double bedroom) for the 2015-2016 academic year
$ 2,215 / semester (single bedroom) for the 2015-2016 academic year
Meal Plan: A $400 meal plan is mandatory for all residents. This is a declining balance meal plan - the money can be used as the resident sees fit until it is fully utilized. Breakfast and lunch are served Monday-Friday; meals are not served on evenings or weekends.
*The housing contract can be accessed on the Student e-services site, under Housing and Dining, and must be submitted with a $200 pre-payment before a room assignment is made. The Rainy Hall priority room deadline is July 14, 2015. You must notify the Residential Life Director, in writing, by July 14, 2015 to cancel your contract.
When Can I Move In? For Fall Semester-2015, students can move in on~
Saturday, August 22, 2015, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Sunday, August 23, 2015, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Closure During Winter Break. Rainy Hall will close on Friday December 18, 2015 at noon for the winter break. Students will be able to return beginning on Saturday January 9, 2016. Students may petition to stay for the break (for athletes required to be back for practice and extenuating circumstances only) and pay a daily rate for early move-in.
What is Included:
Bedrooms have two extra long twin beds, two dressers, and one desk with a chair.
- Each living room is furnished with a sofa, chair, two end tables, coffee table, and a dining table with two chairs.
- Kitchens are furnished with a stove, refrigerator and dishwasher.
- Utilities are included in the rent. Long distance calls may be made with your personal telephone credit card or prepaid phone card.
- Free parking is available adjacent to the building. A limited number of outdoor electrical outlets are available.
- A coin operated laundry facility is located on the first floor for resident use.
- A Computer is available in the lobby for resident use. Wireless Internet connections are also available throughout the entire hall.
- The Game Room features pool and ping-pong tables, a projector TV, vending machines, and a DVD player.
- The U.S. Postal Service provides regular mail service. A locked box is available for each apartment. Student mail should be addressed to: RRCC Residential Hall Apt. #____, 1515 Highway 71, International Falls, MN 56649
- The Residential Life Director manages the overall operation of the residence hall. The Director is available to the residents during regular business hours.
- The Assistant Residential Life Director is a professional employee of the college who lives in the apartments. The Assistant Director is available to residents in the Rainy Hall office from 3pm-9pm Monday-Thursday and from 1pm-7pm on Fridays and on call hours for emergencies only.
- Resident Advisors are student Residential Life Staff who live in the apartments. The RA's assist residents with the daily adjustments to campus and residence hall life.
** Prices subject to change.
Housing Contact Information~
Rainy Hall Director
Rainy River Community College
1501 Highway 71
International Falls, MN 56649
Email: Assistant Housing Director
- Admissions|Registration Welcome
- General Student Admissions
- Canadian|International Admissions
- PSEO Student Admissions
- Student Testing|Accuplacer
- College Costs
- Financial Aid|Scholarships
- Course Schedule
- RRCC Catalog
- Student Housing
- Student Guide