Accuplacer Computerized Placement Test is an assessment in reading
comprehension and mathematics that RRCC uses to determine how your skill
levels meet course prerequisites, helping to ensure your success in
- Please indicate if English is your second language when you sign up for a test session.
- If you are unable to attend a test session at RRCC please contact RRCC's Testing Coordinator
- If you have a documented disability, contact RRCC's Disability Services Director prior to taking the Accuplacer.
Test Session Dates
|Wednesday||July 11, 2018||9 AM|
|Wednesday||July 18, 2018||9 AM|
|Wednesday||July 25, 2018||9 AM|
|Wednesday||August 1, 2018||9 AM|
|Wednesday||August 8, 2018||9 AM|
|Wednesday||August 15, 2018||9 AM|
|Wednesday||August 22, 2018||9 AM|
Register for a Test Session
Sign up for a test session by calling 218-285-7722. If you are calling after business hours (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) leave a message with your name, student ID# (found on your acceptance letter), phone number, date of birth, and what you are interested in studying. Repeat this information twice.
How to Prepare
Studying can help you place into higher level courses, saving money and helping earn your degree faster. Use the free Accuplacer study app to practice anytime, anywhere. The app includes sample question and explanations for both correct and incorrect answers.
Go to https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/ for resources. You may also use the free services of Adult Education located in the RRCC library to prepare for the test.
What if I can't attend a test session at RRCC?
Do I have to take the Accuplacer?
You may be exempt from taking all or a part of the assessment if you:
- Submit subject area test scores from the ACT or SAT, to demonstrate academic readiness to enroll in college level courses and waive Accuplacer testing, or
- Completed the Accuplacer assessment testing at another college (within the past 2 years for Reading and English and past 1 year for Math) and the documentation of your scores was provided to RRCC, or
- Successfully completed collegiate English and/or Math courses (grade of C or better) that meets the requirements for your RRCC program and provided RRCC with an official copy of your transcript.
Register for Classes
Once you’ve completed the Accuplacer, call 218-285-7722 to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to register for your classes. Prior to your appointment, look over our semester class schedule to become familiar with classes you’re interested in taking.