STEP 1 APPLY TO RRCC
- Complete the online Application for Admission.
- Before you begin the application, you will be prompted to create your STAR ID and password. (STAR ID is your user name and password for all computer applications at RRCC).
- You can also print and mail the application. If you complete a paper application and mail it in, you will need to activate your STAR ID.
- Pay the $20 application fee.
STEP 2 SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
- Submit official high school transcripts with date of graduation, or a copy of your GED test scores.
- If you have taken the ACT in the past 3 years submit your scores. RRCC’s ACT code is 2117.
- If you attended another college, have your college send your official college transcript.
- If you graduated from a non-English speaking school, you must submit proof of English proficiency. RRCC requires a score of 61 on the internet based TOEFL examination (http://www.ets.org/toefl/). RRCC’s TOEFL code is 6613.
- Submit your record of immunizations.
STEP 3 COURSE PLACEMENT
All new students are required to provide one of the following:
- current ACT scores, SAT scores, or MCA scores if you attended a Minnesota High School, or
- transcripts from a transfer college or university once they have applied and been accepted to RRCC, or
- complete a placement test. The Accuplacer Computerized Placement Test is an assessment in reading comprehension and mathematics which RRCC uses to determine how your skill levels meet course prerequisites, helping to ensure your success in college.
STEP 4 REGISTRATION | FINANCIAL AID - FAFSA | SCHOLARSHIPS
- Our professional advisors are here to help you make the best decisions and ensure you are on-track to meet your academic goals. After you have completed the placement test, make an appointment to register (in person or via telephone) by calling 218.285.7722 | 800.456.3996. Your advisor will give you an access code and you can register with your advisor, or online through your e-Services account.
- Before your appointment, preview the semester class schedule to note the classes you are interested in taking.
- If you are applying for financial aid, gather your financial information (tax returns, W-2’s, bank statements; for you, your parents,and your spouse, if married).
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online (https://fafsa.ed.gov). The FAFSA is also available in Spanish (Español).
- Click here for Scholarship information
STEP 5 RAINY HALL, ON-CAMPUS, APARTMENT STYLE HOUSING
- Two-bedroom, apartment style housing is available on campus. Visit Housing-Rainy Hall for more information.
STEP 6 PAY YOUR TUITION
- Visit College Costs | Financial Aid to learn more.