Rainy Hall is an apartment complex with furnished two bedroom apartments available for you to lease. A year-long contract is required.
Priority is given to full-time students with 12 or more credits. Part-time students with 6 or more credits may lease apartments when space is available. An accessible unit is available if you have a mobility limiting disability. Up to four students are assigned to each two bedroom apartment. Roommate preferences and interests may be indicated on the residence hall contract and are taken into consideration when apartments are assigned. You can request a single room, depending on availability, for an additional fee.
Rainy Hall is conveniently located within walking distance of banks, hospital, clinic, fast-food and regular restaurants, grocery store, discount stores, and motels. On-site recreational facilities include a volleyball court, basketball court, bicycle trail, one-mile lighted cross-country ski trail, and disc golf course!
to live in Rainy Hall allows you the convenience of making one payment
per semester for housing expenses. Rent per semester includes heat,
electricity, water, sewer, garbage service, wireless Internet access and
basic cable television (73 channels). Rent payments are made prior to
the start of each semester at the Cashier's Office.
Housing Rent 2017-2018
- $1,625 per Semester (double bedroom)
- $2,375 per Semester (single bedroom)
What is included:
- Bedrooms: two extra-long twin beds, two dressers, and one desk/chair
- Living Room: sofa, chair, two end tables, coffee table, dining table/two chairs
- Kitchens: stove, refrigerator and dishwasher
- Utilities are included in the rent. Long distance calls may be made with your personal telephone credit card or prepaid phone card.
- Free parking is available adjacent to the building. A limited number of outdoor electrical outlets are available.
- Coin operated laundry facility is located on the first floor for resident use
- Computers are available in the lobby for resident use. Wireless Internet connections are also available throughout the entire hall.
- Game Room: pool and ping-pong tables, projector TV, vending machines, DVD player
- The U.S. Postal Service provides regular mail service. A locked box is available for each apartment. Student mail should be addressed to: RRCC Residential Hall Apt. #____, 1515 Highway 71, International Falls, MN 56649
- The Residential Life Director is a professional employee of the college who lives in the apartments and manages the overall operation of the residence hall. The Director is available to the residents during regular business hours.
Advisors are student Residential Life Staff who live in the apartments.
The RA's assist residents with the daily adjustments to campus and
residence hall life. RA’s staff the Rainy Hall office from 8-11 PM
Sunday through Thursday and from 7 PM - midnight Friday and Saturday
The housing contract can be accessed on the Student e-services site, under Housing and Dining, and must be submitted with a $200 pre-payment before a room assignment is made.
The Rainy Hall priority room deadline is July 14, 2017. You must notify the Residential Life Director, in writing, by July 14, 2017 to cancel your contract.
When can I move in? For Fall Semester-2017, students can move in on
- Friday, August 18, 2017: 12 PM to 4 PM
- Saturday, August 19, 2017: 10 AM to 4 PM
Meal Plan. A $400 meal plan is mandatory for all residents. This is a declining
balance meal plan - the money can be used as the resident sees fit until
it is fully utilized. Breakfast and lunch are served Monday-Friday;
meals are not served on evenings or weekends.
Closure during winter break. Rainy Hall will close on Saturday December 16, 2017 at noon for the winter
break. Students will be able to return beginning on Saturday January
6, 2018. Students may petition to stay for the break (for athletes required to be back for practice and extenuating circumstances only) and pay a daily rate for early move-in.
- Jessica Bright