The Coaching Certificate program prepares students to be a head varsity coach in the Minnesota public school system and meets Minnesota State High School League and Minnesota Statute 122A.33 requirements. This program is a great addition to the Associate of Arts degree.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate fundamental skills in CPR and First Aid.
- Demonstrate basic techniques for aerobic and anaerobic sports.
- Develop an individual philosophy of coaching.
- Demonstrate methods for prevention and care for athletic injuries.
- Develop knowledge of a specific sport or sports from a coaching perspective.
- Identify and describe fundamental psychological theories that could be applied to sports.