The Coaching Certificate program prepares students to be a head varsity coach in the Minnesota public school system and meets Minnesota State High School League and Minnesota Statute 122A.33 requirements. This program is a great addition to the Associate of Arts degree.
- Demonstrate fundamental skills in CPR and First Aid
- Demonstrate basic techniques for aerobic and anaerobic sports
- Develop an individual philosophy of coaching
- Demonstrate methods for prevention and care for athletic injuries
- Develop knowledge of a specific sport or sports from a coaching perspective
- Identify and describe fundamental psychological theories that could be applied to sports