The Communication Studies Transfer Pathway AA offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Communication Studies bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
* Universities within the Minnesota State system include Bemidji State University; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; Minnesota State University Moorhead; Southwest Minnesota State University; St. Cloud State University; and Winona State University.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
The Communication Studies Transfer Pathway Degree is designed to provide students a broad background in theory and skills development in the study of communication. This program will:
- prepare students to transfer to a baccalaureate program in Communication Studies, and
- prepare students for entry level positions in a variety of careers.
The program emphasizes the development of communication skills in presentation, promotion, conflict management, persuasion, debate, and campaign communication.
With this transfer pathway, you will be able to transfer to the following programs:
Metropolitan State University
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Moorhead
Southwest Minnesota State University
St. Cloud State University
- Communication Studies, BA
- Communication Studies Interdepartmental, BS
- Communication Studies Supplementary, BA
Winona State University