The Communication Studies Transfer Pathway AA offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Communication Studies bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
* Universities within the Minnesota State system include Bemidji State University; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; Minnesota State University Moorhead; Southwest Minnesota State University; St. Cloud State University; and Winona State University.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
The Communication Studies Transfer Pathway Degree is designed to provide students a broad background in theory and skills development in the study of communication. This program will:
- Demonstrate the ability to set and accomplish communicative goals
- Create clear messages appropriate to the audience, purpose, and context
- Recognize the meaning and influence of messages and engage in active listening and mindful response to create more effective communication
- Recognize and articulate the influence culture has on human perspective and communication
- Develop knowledge, skills, and understanding of human communication that facilitate their ability to work collaboratively with others
With this transfer pathway, you will be able to transfer to the following programs:
- Metropolitan State University: Professional Communications BS
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Communication Studies BS
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Communication Studies BA
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Communication Studies BA; Communication Studies BA (Public Relations Emphasis)
- St. Cloud State University: Communication Studies BA; Communication Studies Interdepartmental BS; Communication Studies Supplementary BA
- Winona State University: Communication Studies BA (General, Leadership and Advocacy, Organizational)