The Fitness Specialist Certificate will equip students with the knowledge, skills, and understanding to enhance employment prospects in the health and fitness business, sports and leisure industry, coaching, and associated fields. The Certificate is a great addition to the Associate Degree!
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Identify and describe human anatomy and body structure relating to sports
- Describe and explain physiological processes relating to sports
- Describe methods of prevention of, and demonstrate and explain appropriate care for, athletic injuries
- Increase fitness level by participating in class
- Describe various coaching styles and develop their own philosophy
- Demonstrate techniques for aerobic and anaerobic sports