The History Transfer Pathway AA offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated History bachelor's degree programs at Minnesota State universities. *The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor's degree programs in a related field.
*Universities within the Minnesota State system include Bemidji State University; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; Minnesota State University Moorhead; Southwest Minnesota State University; St. Cloud State University; and Winona State University.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of history in core areas of U.S. and world history
- Apply historical thinking to problems of the past and today
- Analyze historical sources, distinguishing primary from secondary sources
- Communicate effectively using historical evidence and methods
- Analyze and understand the diversity of peoples within their distinctive historical contexts
With this transfer pathway, you will be able to transfer to the following programs:
- Bemidji State University: History BA; History BS
- Metropolitan State University: History BA
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: History BA; History BS
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: History BA
- Southwest Minnesota State University: History BA
- St. Cloud State University: History BA
- Winona State University: History BA