WHY CHOOSE NORMANDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE’S HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM? This program will give you a strong background in how to supervise a staff, and oversee operations and development. You will also learn to plan and market services and other features at the various facilities.
SKILLS ACQUIRED. Students learn to supervise staff and oversee operations and development. They also learn to plan and market services and other features at their facilities. Hospitality management programs include topics such as:
- Personnel management
- Business administration
- Customer service
RRCC COHORT. General education courses can be taken face-to-face on the RRCC campus. NCC hospitality courses are offered online or via ITV/other delivery methods. Internships are arranged through the NCC faculty, and can be completed in the International Falls area.
CERTIFICATE OPTIONS. Students may elect to complete one or more management enrichment certificate concentrations:
- Casino Operations and Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Hotel Marketing and Sales
- Hotel Operations
- Tourism Operations and Management
RECOGNITION. Normandale's Hospitality Management Program is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- HSMA 1103 Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Management
- HSMA 2173 Convention & Meeting Planning Management
- HSMA 1103 - Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Management
- HSMA 2144 - Food and Beverage Management/Cost Controls
- HSMA 2172 - Hospitality Sales and Marketing Management
- HSMA 2150 - Revenue Management in Hospitality and Tourism