WHY CHOOSE NORMANDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE’S HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM? This program will give you a strong background in how to supervise staff, and oversee operations and development. You will also learn to plan and market services and other features at various facilities.
SKILLS ACQUIRED. Hospitality management programs include topics such as:
- Personnel management
- Business administration
- Customer service
General education courses can be taken face-to-face on the RRCC campus. NCC hospitality courses are offered online or via ITV/other delivery methods. Internships are arranged through the NCC faculty, and can be completed in the International Falls area.
General Education courses that can be taken at RRCC:
- COMM 1010 Interpersonal Communications or COMM 1020 Public Speaking
- ECON 2101 Macroeconomics or ECON 2102 Microeconomics
- ENGL 1010 English Composition I
- GENERAL EDUCATION (11 credits)
- 3 Credits from MNTC Goal 6
- 8 Credits from MNTC Goals 3, 4, 7, 8, or 10
CERTIFICATE OPTIONS. Students may elect to complete one or more management enrichment certificate concentrations:
- Casino Operations and Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Hotel Marketing and Sales
- Hotel Operations
- Tourism Operations and Management
RECOGNITION. Normandale's Hospitality Management Program is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).