Class Begins January 14
Registration Begins November 5!
This certificate program covers rules and regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Administration. The program includes: classroom education, behind the wheel training, additional classes for commercial trucking, and general education classes suited towards the trucking industry.
Truck drivers and tractor-trailer jobs are forecast to have a 13% increase in employment through 2018. Professional light truck drivers and those in sales are said to have the second highest increase in demand at 9% growth between 2008 and 2018. As economic growth occurs, there will be an increasing need for trucking services both state and nationwide.
Students will be able to:
- Define, describe, and demonstrate examples of compliance with MN state and federal driving laws.
- Demonstrate ability to drive safely and follow MN state and federal rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to make needed calculations and keep records regarding fuel, load, cost per mile, distance and time, and service.
- Identify types of hazardous materials and describe regulations regarding packaging, loading, storage, and transport of hazardous materials.
- Demonstrate ability to perform a pre-trip inspection.
- Demonstrate communication and computer skills needed for customer service and record-keeping.
- Demonstrate first aid and CPR techniques.