MINNESOTA STATE IS CURRENTLY LOOKING INTO ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO ADMINISTER THE ACCUPLACER TEST. WE WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS WE HAVE A NEW PLAN IN PLACE.
Accuplacer Computerized Placement Test is an assessment in reading
comprehension and mathematics that RRCC uses to determine how your skill
levels meet course prerequisites, helping to ensure your success in
Studying can help you place into higher
level courses, saving money and helping you earn your degree faster.
- The ACCUPLACER web-based study app features practice tests in each test subject. It is accessible from most devices with internet access, and will help you become familiar with the content and format of the ACCUPLACER test questions.
- Adult Basic Education, located in room L109 at RRCC, offers college-prep classes year-round. Call 218-240-9065 for more information or to make an appointment.
Do I have to take the Accuplacer?
You may be exempt from taking all or a part of the assessment if you:
- Submit subject area test scores from the ACT or SAT, to demonstrate academic readiness to enroll in college level courses and waive Accuplacer testing, or
- Completed the Accuplacer assessment testing at another college (within the past 2 years for Reading and English and past 1 year for Math) and the documentation of your scores was provided to RRCC, or
- Successfully completed collegiate English and/or Math courses (grade of C or better) that meets the requirements for your RRCC program and provided RRCC with an official copy of your transcript.
Register for Classes
Once you’ve completed the Accuplacer, call 218-285-7722 to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to register for your classes. Prior to your appointment, look over our semester class schedule to become familiar with classes you’re interested in taking.