What is Elevate Minnesota?
Do you currently attend a college outside of Minnesota and are hesitant to go back to your campus in the fall? Or were you planning to leave the state for college and are now rethinking your plans?
As our nation faces the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic, you can take comfort in staying close to home while continuing on your educational path with the colleges and universities of Minnesota State. Become an Elevate Minnesota Scholar and get an extraordinary education at an exceptional value, all the while helping to build your community.
Your 37 state colleges and universities are open and ready to welcome you home. To help you keep moving forward, we are offering a streamlined application process to become an Elevate Minnesota Scholar, guaranteed acceptance of credits earned elsewhere,* and access to the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum Package so the credits you earn at a Minnesota State college or university will easily transfer to another institution in the future.
Join the 350,000 students who annually attend a Minnesota State college or university and become an Elevate Minnesota Scholar. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow at one of Minnesota’s outstanding state colleges and universities, located in 54 communities across the state and offering 3,900 different academic programs, with more than 700 fully online. Our outstanding faculty will know you by name and are waiting to welcome you to class. And best of all, you get all this at the lowest tuition in the state!
During this unprecedented time, that is extraordinary education at an exceptional value.
Elevate Minnesota Scholars Benefits
- A streamlined application process: online, apply to one or multiple Minnesota State colleges or universities at one time, waived application fee at participating Minnesota State colleges and universities
- Guaranteed acceptance of all credits earned with a grade of C or better from an accredited out-of-state institution*
- Access to tuition that starts around $5,000 a year at 30 different Minnesota State colleges and $8,000 a year at seven different Minnesota State universities – before scholarships or other aid
- Access to the numerous scholarship and financial aid programs offered by the State of Minnesota and those available at each individual college and university
- Access to the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum Package: a 40-credit package of general education courses accepted for transfer to other state colleges and universities, as well as many private colleges and universities
- Participation in service-learning opportunities, employer-partnership learning opportunities, community service and volunteer projects, and student organizations (varies by campus)
- The opportunity to gain an extraordinary education at an exceptional value while staying close to home and family during this challenging global pandemic
*Depending on the college or university, credits may be applied to general education courses, not necessarily applied to a major program.