Here's what our students say about
PSEO at RRCC:
"I feel valued and respected as a student - my opinion matters to the teachers."
"PSEO at Rainy River Community College was such an amazing experience from start to finish."
"My schedule if flexible, I have more time during the day for homework and I miss less school for sports."
"I do a better job of
reading for information, thinking critically and studying the right information
Dissemination of Information; Notification of Intent to Enroll
By March 1 of each year, a district must provide up-to-date information on the district's Web site and in materials that are distributed to parents and students about the program, including information about enrollment requirements and the ability to earn postsecondary credit to all pupils in grades 8, 9, 10, and 11. To assist the district in planning, a pupil shall inform the district by May 30 of each year of the pupil's intent to enroll in postsecondary courses during the following school year. A pupil is bound by notifying or not notifying the district by May 30.Drop/Add/Withdraw deadlines vary by academic year and are available in your HS Counselors office, or by contacting the CEP/PSEO advisor. Deadlines differ for on-campus (PSEO) and high school (CEP) students.
The full Minnesota Statute, 124D.09, can be viewed here: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/124d.09
PSEO Eligibility Criteria
- Student must be a high school sophomore, junior, or senior in good standing at a public, nonpublic, home school, or American Indian-controlled tribal school.
- Sophomores may enroll in one Career or Technical Education (CTE) course at a Minnesota State college or university if they have attained a passing score or met the 8th grade standard on the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment in reading and meet other course prerequisites or course enrollment standards established by the college. These standards include but are not limited to assessment test scores, program admission or other requirements.
- Juniors must be ranked in the top-third of their class, or have a 3.0 end-of-year cumulative GPA, or score at or above the 70th percentile on a test, such as the ACT or SAT. Students must test into college courses numbered 1000 or above on placement tests in reading, English, and math (if you are taking your math course at RRCC).
- Seniors must be ranked in the top-half of their class, or have a 2.5 end-of-year cumulative GPA, or score at or above the 50th percentile on the ACT or SAT. Students must test into college courses numbered 1000 or above on placement tests in reading, English, and math (if you are taking your math course at RRCC).
PSEO Admissions Steps
- Meet with your high school counselor to determine eligibility. If you meet the class rank and/or GPA requirement, proceed to step 2.
- Complete the online Application for Admission.
- Complete and sign the PSEO Program Notice of Student Registration (Part 1 and 2).Send the above form, your high school transcript (including class rank and/or GPA), and Accuplacer test results if you took the Accuplacer test at your high school to: PSEO Admissions,Rainy River Community College, 1501 Highway 71,International Falls, MN 56649
- Placement Testing. See new guidance during the COVID-19 Pandemic here.
- After you have taken the assessment test, schedule a PSEO Registration Session by calling 218.285.7722
- Stephanie Turban