extraordinary time, our top priorities continue to be protecting the health and
safety of our faculty, our staff, and our students, and enabling our students
to complete Spring semester and continue their progress towards their
We are here for you!
This is a challenging time and many of us are feeling stress or anxiety. Remember, we are here to help. Call, text, email or Facetime - we are here for you!
Students can seek support services by contacting:
- Amy Amundsen, 218-285-2226 or email@example.com
- Brad Krasaway, 218-285-2208 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Molly Nelson, 218-285-2236 or email@example.com
United Healthcare is offering a free emotional support help line for all students through Optum, one of their subsidiary companies. Their 24/7 toll-free helpline number, 866-342-6892, is free of charge and open to any student.
Click here for Mental Health Support Resources from the Minnesota COVID-19 Response team. The COVID-19 pandemic is causing a tremendous amount of stress, fear and anxiety for many people. It’s important that Minnesotans have access to the mental health care resources they need to stay well during this challenging time. State agencies are working together to ensure these services are available.
Employees can seek support services by contacting the Employee Assistance Program available at no cost.
Student Resources and Direct Student Support
One Phone Number = Many People Ready to Help: Students can call 1-844-456-3876 for technical direct support. Students will receive immediate assistance or be guided through the process to submit a ticket for more complex issues
- Information about areas of assistance and extended hours can be found at the Student Academic Continuity site: https://asanewsletter.org/academic-continuity-students/ and noted below:
AREAS OF ASSISTANCE
- Star ID
- D2L Brightspace
- Kaltura Media Space
- Office 365 (Teams, Skype, Stream, Email)
DAYS | HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Thursday, 7AM - Midnight
Friday, 7 AM - 8 PM
Saturday, 7:30 AM - 6 PM
Sunday, 11 AM - 10 PM
COVID Self-Assessment Screening Tool
What to do if you may have come in contact with the virus
Based on Minnesota Department of Health guidance:
- Self-isolate or quarantine immediately.
- Monitor your health, contact your healthcare provider as needed.
You should also:
- If you are a student:
- Contact campus healthcare services or the COVID-19 contact below for further assistance.
- Students living on campus should also contact your residence life assistant.
- Contact your faculty members to inform them that you will not be attending class.
- If you are an employee, contact your supervisor or human resources.
- If you are a visitor, contractor, or vendor, inform your campus contact.
- Contact the campus COVID-19 contact, firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional assistance (please do not send any health-related information to this e-mail address.
For further COVID-19 information visit https://www.rainyriver.edu/college-services/campus-health-safety/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.
It is recommended that you print or take a screenshot of this page to retain a record of this guidance.
FAQ's and Resources
NHED COVID-19 Campus Prepardness Plan
Campus Fall Hours of Operation
Fall Office Hours: Monday-Friday | 8 AM-4:30 PM, or by arrangement.
Fall Building Hours: Monday-Thursday | 7 AM-9 PM, Friday | 7 AM-4:30 PM
You can contact student services staff by phone (218.285.7722) or email (email@example.com) during regular business hours.
There is helpful directory information at the end of these FAQ’s.