Rainy River Community College will be open and ready to welcome students for the start of fall semester, and will adapt as necessary to safely serve our students and continue to provide an extraordinary education. The safety, security, and health of our students, faculty and staff continues to be our top priority. As a response to Governor Walz’s decision, beginning Saturday July 24th, Rainy River Community College will require all students, faculty, staff and visitors to wear facemasks/coverings at all times on campus in public settings (e.g., common work spaces, hallways, stairwells, meeting rooms, classrooms, labs, break rooms, restrooms, etc.).
Face coverings are also required in outdoor settings on campus if social distancing cannot be observed.
Facemasks/coverings are NOT required in some situations such as when you are eating or drinking, or when you are alone.
As you know, we can all further protect ourselves by:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water; covering your cough and sneeze; avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practicing self-care by eating a healthy diet and taking time to rest.
- Frequently cleaning all commonly touched surfaces.
- Avoiding large gatherings.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public setting where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Employees and students will be provided face coverings and other personal protective equipment as appropriate. Individuals may choose to supply their own face masks. Individuals should always have a mask on their person and may wish to have more than one mask to allow for adequate laundering.
As always, we will continue to follow guidelines and best practices as outlined by the Center for Disease (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
Rainy River Community College, located in International Falls, is a member of the Northeast Higher Education District (NHED) and the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator.